We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Your IP address
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Managing and despatching your order.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Pass the information to companies in order to fulfil the delivery
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. The file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
- You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us for more.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
- Your privacy is extremely important to us so we want you to know exactly what kind of information we collect about you and how we use it. We’ve set out all the details below.
Please take the time to read and understand this policy.
- We are Simply Unearthed Ltd.
We are the ‘data controller’ of the information you provide us with, which means we control the way information is used and processed.
You may give us your Identity, Contact by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- pay for goods and services;
- speak to or contact customer services;
- ordering our products or services;
- create an account on our websites;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- contact us through our call centre;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- give us some feedback;
- by filling in forms, for example when you sign up to offers, news or a competition;
- by sending us emails and text messages (SMS or MMS);
- by adding posts, reviews and other comments to any of our websites or other community forums;
- by liking or disliking our offers and promotions;
- by adding offers, promotions or products to your wish lists on our website;
- by interacting with us on social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter etc;
- by registering accounts on any of our websites including setting up passwords and preferred user names, contact details, account details, details of friends and relatives, your preferences and interests;
- by using Simply Unearthed Ltd partners
We will share your address, email address and phone number with the chosen courier to send you updates about your due delivery.
We may collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
Title, first name, last name, username or similar identifier, date of birth, gender.
Billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
Details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us. These include:
- the time, date and location of purchase;
- the products you buy from us;
- any relevant delivery address;
- Internet protocol (IP) address;
- MAC address;
- your login data;
- browser type and version;
- timezone setting and location;
- browser plug-in types and versions;
- operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website;
- information where you came to our site from, and where you went when you left it.
- We also track how often you visit and use our website. We do this via email and website cookies.
- your username and password;
- purchases or orders made by you;
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- Information about how you use our website, products and services;
- Information on what you view, click on access by way of our marketing emails and text messages (SMS, MMS), website and mobile.
Marketing and Communications Data
Your preferences in receiving marketing from us, and your communication preferences.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
If you have expressly opted-in to receive marketing from us we may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside of ours for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time through our website or by contacting us at any time or by opting out of the emails.
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
We may need to share your personal information with certain authoroties when we are asked to do so for any legal reasons.
A lot of the information we receive reaches us electronically, originating from your devices, and is then transmitted by your relevant telecoms network provider.
Where it’s within our control, we put measures in place to ensure this ‘in flight’ data is as secure as it possibly can be.
Once it arrives, you can be sure we take the security of your information very seriously.
We use appropriate procedures and technical security measures (including strict encryption, anonymisation and archiving techniques) to safeguard your information across all our computer systems.
In particular, we follow the internationally recognised security standard including the Payment Card Industry’s Data Security standards (PCI-DSS).
We use secure means to communicate with you where appropriate, such as ‘https’ and other security and encryption protocols.
To make sure we meet our legal data protection and privacy obligations, we only hold on to your information for as long as we actually need it for the purposes we acquired it for in the first place.
In most cases, this means we will keep your information for as long as you continue to shop with us or use our services, and for a period of time afterwards if you stop doing so just in case you begin shopping with us again.
After that we will either delete it so that it cannot be linked back to you.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes
- Object to processing: Of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which means we can continue to process your personal information.
- Request the restriction of processing: Of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy;
- (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
- (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer: Of your personal information to another party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Right to withdraw consent at any time: Where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.